In the last round I showed a proof of concept. This time we're moving rapidly toward something functional- we've got a browser actually attached to a filefield, a pseudo UI, a much clearer idea of where our direction needs to go, and some eye candy. Checkout the screencast!
This quick video shows some of the progress that was made at the NYC Media Sprint last week. While it departs from some of the earlier mockups that we did this past spring, this is functional in terms of browsing and is quite a bit better thought through- thanks to all the smart folks sitting around the table.
Using the Antiword program, Media Mover now has its first text converter. Antiword can take Microsoft doc files and convert them to pdf, ps, and txt files, giving site admins the ability to get rid of those pesky MS files- or at least provide alternate formats.
For sites that have a number of doc files already on the site, Media Mover can batch convert these for you. For sites that want all uploaded files to be in the same format, Antiword gives you a good way to have your users files converted.
Here's a quick report back on work that got accomplished today. Lots of code, coffee, and keyboards.